Writing Page

Read And Write 8/29 –

I would become a professional photographer because there are a lot of job opportunities when it comes to photography. Its a better known thing now so that makes it easier to get into with more options. There are also more opportunities because more people hire/look for photographers for lots of different things. Being s photographer gives you freedom to manage yourself, you get to work under your own rules and that’s something that sticks out to me because I would want to have my own work freedom. You get to manage personal life with work. You get to have work time + personal time. It can be a mind reset and be soothing to do. Photography is not always going to be stressful. Its fun and a way to capture everything and help others capture everything.

1. What are aperture, shutter speed and ISO? – Aperture is the size of the opening lens that you control. Shutter speed
  2. When would you need to change your ISO? – When lighting is different and needs to be adjusted. 
  3. What is aperture and shutter priority settings? – Aperture priority lets you choose the aperture and the ISO but it chooses the shutter speed. Shutter priority lets you choose the shutter speed and ISO but it adjusts the aperture for you. 
  4. What are AF modes how do you change them? – AF modes are what aspects of the camera/photo that the camera automatically focuses. Auto focus will automatically focus the lens for you. Dynamic area AF will focus the camera on a selected subject incase it moves. Auto area AF detects the subject automatically then focuses on it. 
  5. Why do your need to meter the light to get the right exposure? – Because different subjects and areas will reflect different amounts of light so you have to meter the light to even out the exposure. You wouldn’t want an over exposed or under exposed photo. 
  6. What is white balance and why would you need to change it? – White balance adjusts colors to make the image appear more natural/normal. We would need to use it to have better color accuracy and make a photo appear more realistic. 
  7. What is depth of field and what is the difference between shallow and good? – Shallow depths of field makes the closer up subject pop out and blur out the background. A good depth of field makes the entire photo sharp and catches everything in a photo better. 
  8. What are drive modes and metering modes? – Drive modes is choosing if you want to take a single photo, multiple photos, or have a delay to taking a photo/photos. Metering modes collects data from across the entire frame and even gives priority to your focus point.
  9. What is exposure compensation? – It alters the exposure from the value that is selected by the camera which will then make a photograph darker or lighter. 

Indeed Job Research 11/4-

1. I would be interested in being a photographer for Cherished Memories Photography. The only qualification I don’t meet is having a driver’s license. It’s preferred to have one to work here but I can be getting one soon. I just need a license and I would personally want to have more photo experience. I have met all the other qualifications like photography experience, a nice attitude, nice communication, and a pretty flexible schedule.
  2. I would be interested in being a holiday photographer seasonal U.S for Cherry Hills Programs Inc. I meet most qualifications which includes photography experience, attention to details/surroundings, flexibility, a positive attitude, being 16 years old, open to training, and the ability to stand, lift, and speak English. The only one I have not met was having my high school diploma already. I’m a senior and will be getting that soon though.
  3. I would be interested in being a portraits photographer for Summit Portraits, LLC. I almost meet all qualifications. The ones I do not meet is being 18 years old, but I will be 18 in one year and I do not have my diploma yet, but I will be getting that soon as a senior this school year. The ones I do meet are having a flexible schedule, software knowledge, a good attitude, the availability, communication, and photography experience.

TED Talk 12/5-

Applying unexpected things into a photo can be really good for your photography. Adding surrealism makes things way more interesting and eye catching. With surrealism, color also ties in. When taking/making a surrealistic photo its best to use specific colors to make a “mood” or “setting.” Colors like dark to light. Dark and dark. Light and light. The illusion can also come from the perspective of the photo. Something so simple can become surreal in seconds with perspective, color, meaning, and oddness. We can add other objects and settings around to make a photo surrealistic. By changing the contract and colors we can alter it to match another photo and add a different meaning to it. A simple photo can change if given the change of mind and looks. One photo can contain many layers.

To achieve a better surrealistic photo its best to plan it out. Erik Johansson explains in his TED talk how he plans before taking the photos he wants. He sketches them out and then takes the photos. He messes with the setting to achieve his desire photo. When it comes to surrealism, it can be anything. As long as it all blends together and doesn’t look choppy then it’s good. The ideas can come from anywhere. Editing plays a major role in surrealism. Without editing or objects, it won’t be surrealism. It can take short amounts of time and long amounts of time to make a surrealistic photo.

Overall, surrealism is a really cool element to add to your photography! It makes for something different and original and eye catching. It is more difficult to achieve of course, but when done correctly, it is a amazing thing. There are lots os surrealism photographers who all share similar experiences when it comes to surrealism. It takes time, practice, and patience. There is lots of beauty in surrealism and lots to achieve in one singular photo. Creativity comes in and leaves an interesting effect.